[theme-reviewers] Something we need to check for 3.4 appearance -> background

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jun 11 23:09:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph)
<philip at frumph.net> wrote:
> 1) End user upgrades their theme (cause well hey it's a good idea)
> 2) End user promptly sends me an email saying his Child Theme no longer
> works.  Ya know, that one I wrote for him that cost him hundreds of dollars
> of time involved.

... I fail to see how Step #1 leads to Step #2, unless you wrote the
child theme incorrectly. The custom background doesn't magically get
reset because you upgraded a theme.

Could you explain in a sensible way? Preferably using actual code so I
can understand what you're talking about?