[theme-reviewers] Something we need to check for 3.4 appearance -> background

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jun 11 22:14:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph)
<philip at frumph.net> wrote:
> While I see  what you're saying, and it's very valid.  It is not the
> behavior that would be the most beneficial to creators.

I'm not at all interested what's best for creators, I'm interested in
what's best for users. I don't think that having "remove background"
then show a default background image is a good user experience.

However, given the change in
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/21054 (which I disagree
with), I expect the theme reviewers to come up with some sane set of
rules surrounding it, to ensure that the user experience is correct in
newer themes. Basically, you'll need to add extra code to the
style.css to make it work properly, which is what I was actually
trying to avoid requiring from theme authors.