[theme-reviewers] Unregistering default widgets

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:35:11 UTC 2012

hmm ... let me try a different approach:

Deregistering core widgets should only be done if an enhanced version of
that exact widget is registered that includes *all* of the original
widget's functionality; otherwise just register a new *required
theme-specific* widget.
BUT, what happens when the theme is deactivated? Are these newly registered
theme-specific widgets deregistered and the original core widgets
re-registered?

This is more the point to be addressed as I see it ...

Cais.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) <philip at frumph.net