[theme-reviewers] Unregistering default widgets

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Fri Jun 1 13:49:53 UTC 2012

I've been de-registering core widgets and registering custom widgets to
replace them for years without any user problems.

De-registering widgets should not cause issues with core code.  Core
provides the built-in functionality to do the de-registering.

This is also not a niche use-case.  This is one of the favorite features
of many of my theme users.  Most of these users just have a regular blog
with nothing particularly niche about it.  They just like to have some
level of control over how widgets are output, which is what all my
themes provide.