[theme-reviewers] footer links for WordPress

Emil Uzelac emil at themeid.com
Tue Jul 31 06:17:46 UTC 2012

That's all good, we build our Themes around the platform, what's not is
more than one "personal" link in footer area, or unrelated sites, that
would be considered as SPAM :) And we documented all this in
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Credit_Links as well.

Credit Links

   - Themes may *optionally* designate Author URI and Theme URI in
   style.css.
      - Theme URI, if used, is *required* to link to a page specifically
      related to the Theme. If a demonstration site or page is being used, the
      content must be related to the theme itself.
      - Author URI, if used, is *required* to link to an author's personal
      web site or project/development website.
      - Themes are *recommended* to provide at least one of these two
      links, in order to ensure Theme users have a point of contact
for the Theme
      developer.
   - Themes may *optionally* include a public-facing credit link in the
   Theme footer.
      - If used, Themes are *required* to include no more than one such
      footer credit link.
      - Credit link, if used, is required to use either Theme URI or Author
      URI.
      - Credit link anchor text and title are *required* to be relevant and
      appropriate with respect to the linked site. *Spam or SEO-seeded
      anchor text and titles may subject Themes to automatic rejection.*

Emil