[theme-reviewers] How to deal with alignone: any best practice recommendations?

William Ludwig weludwig at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 21:19:24 UTC 2012

Okay, I'm normally quiet and tend to defer to those who have more
experience but I have a slight concern about pointing people to the sample
CSS provided for alignments at
http://codex.wordpress.org/CSS#WordPress_Generated_Classes

The CSS provided, while functional, is far from effecient and I would worry
about developers copy/pasting that wholesale into their theme without
editing.  For example the second rule has both .aligncenter and
div.aligncenter as selectors.  The div.aligncenter is unnecessary and adds
nothing.  There are several other rules below that which are just slower
selectors with the same rules as above.

I know that this is just meant as examples to get someone started but if I
saw this in a theme I would really question the person who wrote it.

To the original question I would suggest not adding any
alignment/margin/etc to images with alignnone. The way I have always
understood it was that alignnone images should display inline with the
surrounding content naturally.

I hope I'm not out of line and I reserve the right to be completely wrong.
 Thanks.
Bill Ludwig