[theme-reviewers] Is this now a requirement for submitted themes?

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Mon Jul 2 22:33:43 UTC 2012

I was doing a little light revision reading over the weekend & came
across this:

[quote]
The wp_title() function should not be used by a theme in conjunction
with other strings or functions (like concocting with bloginfo('name') )
to set the title because it will render plugins unable to rewrite page
titles correctly. The best practice is to use the wp_title filter with a
callback function. This method is now a requirement for themes.
[/quote]
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_title>

Only about 2 days before I submitted an updated theme that has since
been approved. It (incorrectly) used get_bloginfo() with wp_title(). It
was approved.

Now I'm not saying that this was, in any way, the reviewer's fault but I
am a little confused as to whether it is a requirement or not. It's not
being picked up by the Theme Check plugin or (obviously) the version of
the plugin that parses submitted themes.

I'm now using the (hopefully) correct approach (via a filter) in my
other themes as I update them but I just thought I should give you a
heads-up on this. The approved theme (ZenLite 4.6) hasn't been added to
the Theme Repo yet, so I'm quite happy to re-submit a corrected version
if necessary.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net