[theme-reviewers] Upcoming 3.4 UI Changes Regarding Theme Screenshots

Amy Hendrix sabreuse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 01:03:52 UTC 2012

Good catch, Chip!

The 3.4 release is planned to be pretty theme-heavy after a few
releases where there wasn't much that affected wptrt: more flexible
options for custom headers, an option for theme devs to set a static
front page by default, twenty twelve (and whatever new features that
brings)... any of which may need to be reflected in future guidelines.

In addition to make/ui, you may also want to check out
http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/this-is-not-a-feature-list/
and subsequent posts, and/or follow the wpdevel blog just in general
-- for reviewers and others wanting to contribute, it's a good way to
start following what's going on with core development, and for theme
devs, it's the best way to get a jumpstart on what new features are
coming up.

You can also subscribe to get updates on any individual tickets you're
interested in: you can log in to core.trac.wordpress.org with the same
login you use everywhere on .org