[theme-reviewers] `new tag responsive needed?

Ian Stewart ian at iandanielstewart.com
Mon Jan 16 21:42:50 UTC 2012

I think you can safely define Responsive Design as …

1. uses fluid grids
2. has flexible images
3. and uses media queries

That's the definition Ethan Marcotte came up with and he coined the term. But in short it's a theme that has a layout that adapts to the different screen sizes. I agree with Otto that people will attempt to game the directory by making "Responsive SEO Theme Option Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" Themes but it seems like something easy to test for (usually just drag your browser around) and it _is_ something that people are going to look for more and more there. I think it'd be nice to see in the directory.

Ian