[theme-reviewers] Not using TimThumb.php in themes

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 14:14:00 UTC 2012

On Fri Jan 13 2012 14:03:56 Chip Bennett wrote:

> Can you clarify your question? Are you asking how to use the standard image sizes (i.e. "full", "large", "medium", "thumb"), or how to create/use *custom* image sizes?

Bit of both really.

I'm wondering how, having set up some extra sizes of images, I might add thumb, and full for a gallery, but have thumb and full be different sizes under certain circumstances.

If all I have is the post ID and there are a number of media files attached how would I include all the thumbs with links to the large image?

or, say, I wanted to do a sort of flickr page, where I could show one image and link to all the other sizes, how do I reference them?

It's probaby blindingly obvious, but I've been used to just using timthumb to create the alternative sizes on the fly, so if I create a bunch of sizes on upload (with names) how do I get all the different sizes for my theme template.

Thanks