[theme-reviewers] Google Analytics Campaign Tracking Code OK on Author & Theme URI?

Valeriu Tihai valeriu at tihai.md
Tue Jan 10 22:16:18 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm the one who introduced campaign tracking code (Google Analytics).
Before I done this I have read several times Credit Links
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Credit_Links
I searched in this list if there have been previous discussion of such
kind: http://bit.ly/xkzi59 http://bit.ly/zk7i23

I did not found that it is forbidden, so it is allowed.

The aim is not tracking visitors from wordpress.org, I agree with Emil
Uzelac that there are other ways to do this thing.

Instead I want to have a tracking campaign of the theme that will be
installed on different blogs, and for this I need that the link from footer
also to contain variables of the GA.

But there is a problem ( Credit link, if used, is required to use either
Theme URI or Author URI. ) that obliges me to put the same link also in
style.css

If it is possible that credit link to contain variables GA and links for
Theme Author and Author URI to be without these variables, so I am only for
this solution, I can immediately prepare a new version that will contain
these changes.

------------------------------------
*Valeriu Tihai*
http://wplook.com<http://wplook.com/?utm_source=Support&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=Email>
<http://valeriu.tihai.md>
http://valeriu.tihai.md
http://twitter.com/valeriu
<http://twitter.com/#!/valeriu>http://www.facebook.com/valeriu
<http://www.facebook.com/valeriu>------------------------------------
Please consider the environment - only print this email if absolutely
necessary!

*
Curent Projects:
*

   *
   - http://wplook.com<http://wplook.com/?utm_source=Support&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=Email>
   - www.strocrental.com - (offline)*
   - *www.bestcashcow.com*

*Launched Projects:*

   - m.moldova.org* *- accessible from mobile
   - www.ahram-tobacco.com <http://www.ahram-tobaccos.com/>
   - www.fideliacasa.ro