[theme-reviewers] Fwd: [New post] Team Update: Browsing Buddies

Helen Hou-Sandi helen.y.hou at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 23:45:33 UTC 2012

Ah yes, content guidelines. As for those, I think you all have a much
better sense as to what those may be for additional screenshots, and I
agree that the primary one shouldn't change from what it is now. I imagine
that there is definitely a good use for responsive themes, and perhaps also
those with interesting admin screens. I suppose any sort of ad or
non-content would continue to be a no-no :)

A too-large screenshot will not break anything at all in terms of UI - the
CSS will constrain it. The concern there is that package sizes could become
rather ridiculously large, and since these will also exist as files within
installations and be loaded in/from various environments, to me it makes
sense to only allow them in a pre-determined size and also request that
they be run through a web image optimizer to keep them small.

I did find the place where I remembered the screenshot being used at 300
across, which further informed my decision to go that route in the other
theme screens - in the install thickbox.

Helen