[theme-reviewers] explicit license statements for binaries

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Feb 10 14:47:44 UTC 2012

For an *executable* binary, that's certainly true. An image file !=
executable binary, though. It's just a blob. An image file is, primarily
(and as far as I understand), simply a compressed bitmap. It is editable in
its compressed-bitmap state, unlike a compiled executable binary, which is
NOT editable in its compiled binary state.

Chip