[theme-reviewers] HTML DOM parsers

Caroline Moore calobee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:28:29 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm working on a microblogging-style theme that uses post formats.  In
certain cases I want to try to make it as simple as possible, such that
users can add their content in multiple ways--for example, they might add a
Link post format either by putting just the URL into the content area, or
by actually creating a link (ie. <a href="http://www.blah.com">Blah</a>).
This is a simple example but you get the idea.

I was considering an HTML DOM parser for this, but wasn't sure what the
recommendations/requirements were when including such scripts in my theme.
Are they allowed? If not, are there alternatives? My PHP-fu is not strong,
but I'm learning. :)

Any insights you have are appreciated.

Thanks,
Caroline