[theme-reviewers] Heads up - Bootstrap icons are not GPL

Amy Hendrix sabreuse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:42:37 UTC 2012

You can check the GPL site for their list of compatible licenses.
Creative Commons is tricky because it's not just one license -- some
versions don't make any restrictions at all, but some of the
provisions restrict what kinds of projects they can be used in (NC),
whether the assets can be changed (ND), etc.

Unofficial licenses like "Free for personal and commercial use" and
the like are very rarely okay, at least that I've seen, because they
don't usually include the rights to alter and redistribute (and
sometimes explicitly forbid it), and that's the big sticking point for
GPL compatibility.