[theme-reviewers] The_post_thumbnail function bug?

ethan anwar ethananwar at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 19:26:20 UTC 2012

Hello everybody!
Hope I'm not bothering and I hope this isn't the wrong place but I know you guys are into WordPress and have a lot of experience.

For my Mantra theme I created a short function that automatically gets the first image from a post with the thought of using that as a thumbnail featured image in case one is not selected.
So once I have that custom image's src attribute i thought of doing this :

the_post_thumbnail( array($width,$height), array("class" => "post_thumbnail"  , "src" => $my_custom_src ));   or even just the_post_thumbnail(  array("src" => $my_custom_src ));

So I want the the_post_thumbnail function to use and show my custom image. But nothing happens. I can even type the address of an image on the site that exists and is verified. And still nothing happens, not even a warning or an error. If I remove the src part out of the array eveything functions normally. But I do see the src as an attribute in the the_post_thumbnail's function description.
The weird thing is that it worked previously to 3.3.1. Or so I thought.

Thanks a lot !