[theme-reviewers] how to make reviewing faster

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:19:25 UTC 2012

I wasn't putting laziness into the equation. I mean a lot of developers
have day jobs, families and the development of themes and getting them
reviewed itself for many authors is a "hair-pulling-out" process.

At least from what I've noticed (I haven't reviewed as many themes as
others and I'm not an admin), it's difficult enough for most developers to
get their own theme approved in the first place, let alone have a modicum
of a clue on how to drudge through someone else' theme to properly review
it. You have to realize that a lot of people that contribute themes have
simply taken a starter theme or "someone else'" theme and then added
styles/features to it to make a new/different theme.

I personally don't think it would be fair or practical. Like I said though,
I'm not an admin so my opinion doesn't really matter. Chip is an admin
though and as he stated, they've tried it in the past and it just didn't
work out very well. So in concept and actually testing it out apparently,
it doesn't work.

Good Luck

Thanks, Bryan