[theme-reviewers] how to make reviewing faster

Bernard Latanowicz bernard.latanowicz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 19:39:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm a new one here. I uploaded my first theme about 3 weeks ago and
since that time I've been waiting patiently.
Few minutes ago, when I read the email from Abhik I got and idea how to
make themes reviewieng faster.

Why not to have a rule - if you want to add your theme, first you must
review one (or more).

We could make some points. You get points, when you review a theme. You
lose them if you're uploading your theme.

New developers who want to add their theme should review 2 or 3 themes.
This way they would learn how to avoid some bugs and get to know how to
test their own theme befor uploading and repeating the same bugs as most
of newbies. When I was uploading my theme I didn't know that as well and
I still don't know if I made it right.

So my idea is...

Uploading new theme would cost 3 points. Developers who want to update
their theme will pay only 1 point.

If you review a new theme (I guess it takes much more time) you will
earn 2 points, and if you review an updated one you will earn 1 point.

Positives:
+ empty trac list
+ faster reviewing
+ experienced new developers (and less work for reviewers)
+ new developers will see the queue and stop sending emails "when mine?
when mine?"

Negatives:
- probably we'll have to implement it
- anyone knows others?

Guys (and girls),
we all know testing is the most boring part of developement, but it's
the most important as well. Everyone wants to be famous and publish
his/her own themes. I think the fame glory should cost his/her time, not
others who are to do the joe-jobs.

On the other hand, if we have days (weeks) for developing we could spent
few hours for testing as well.

I know my idea is like asking the goverment to tell me to pay a new tax,
but I really think it's fair and I try being fair all the time. What do
you think about it? I'll be gratefull for answers from theme developers
and reviewing admins as well.

Regards,
Bernard

PS.
I really don't like spaming, so I'll left my question here and kindly
ask for answering.
I uploaded my theme and I've repaired some bugs since then. How to
upload the newest version and not to lose my position in the queue?