[theme-reviewers] Reconsider requirement of dynamic_sidebar() and register_sidebar()

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Aug 31 21:07:51 UTC 2012

Question because I haven't tried it lately: If there's no
register_sidebar in a theme, does Appearance->Widgets even show up?

- If not, then I can see a case being made for it to be optional to
use it at all, but required if you make "sidebars" of any stripe.
- If Appearance->Widgets always appears regardless, then it should
just be required.

Having a sidebar or not is a stylistic choice. Supporting the core
functionality displayed to the user isn't.

-Otto