[theme-reviewers] Proper Theme Slug Use

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Aug 30 18:48:08 UTC 2012

For a repository-hosted Theme? I am fairly certain that the uploader script
extracts the ZIP file, and then re-packages it, using Theme Name to create
theme-slug, which is used as the root folder name for the re-packaged Theme.

So, for repository-hosted Themes, I would say that the answer is "yes".

For manually-installed Themes? I think the install folder within
wp-content/themes/ can be any arbitrary string, but I'm not certain.

Chip