[theme-reviewers] unable to upload please advice

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Aug 23 14:36:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> Your misinterpretation of the guideline makes no sense to me. "Backward
> compatibility" for the *current* version has no logical, practical, or
> semantic meaning. You can't provide *backward* compatibility for the current
> version, because it is the CURRENT version. Backward compatibility can only
> be provided for versions that are *older* than the *current* version.
>
> Nevertheless, the guidelines have been updated to eliminate any possible
> ambiguity.

I maintain that the guideline was ambiguous to the point where I've
been doing the deprecated's wrong for over two years. So has pross,
apparently, since he made those changes to theme-check with the 3.4
release.

I'm not totally satisfied with the change to the wording, but it'll do
for now. I would prefer that you make it even more clear. Unequivocal.
Explicit, even. Just say what versions are allowed outright. The thing
has to be updated anyway with the versions, might as well state the
versions outright.

Regardless, theme check has been updated, as has the uploader.