[theme-reviewers] unable to upload please advice

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Aug 23 13:34:37 UTC 2012

If the current version is 3.4, how can one provide backward compatibility
*to* 3.4?

I don't get how that makes any sense at all.

If the current version is 3.4, then backward compatibility to one version
would be version 3.3, and backward compatibility to two versions would be
version 3.2.

In fact, the current guidelines even explicitly indicate the versions for
which backward compatibility is
allowed<http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#WordPress>
:

Backward compatibility:

   - Themes *must* not provide backward compatibility for out-of-date
   WordPress versions, including using function_exists()conditional
   wrappers for current WordPress functions.
      - Themes *must not* support backward compatibility for more than two
      major WordPress versions (currently: *WordPress 3.2*)
      - Themes *should not* support backward compatibility for more than
      one major WordPress version (currently: *WordPress 3.3*)

I'm not sure how we could make it any more clear?

Chip