[theme-reviewers] unable to upload please advice

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:03:15 UTC 2012

Unfortunately, you'll need to update I believe. I understand the reason you
would like to do this, to protect your users/customers a bit with some
backwards compatibility.

However, backwards compatibility as far as I understand it, is strictly
against the WP repo guidelines. Reason being is that they want to make sure
everyone is always using the very latest version of WP, for security as one
example.

So along those lines they want theme/plugin designers/developers to keep
their themes/plugins strictly compatible with the latest WP version and
advise users/customers to stay up-to-date.

But, yes wait for a definitive response from either Otto or Chip,
authorities on the subject of pretty much all things WP.

Thanks, Bryan

Bryan Phillip Hadaway

Web & Graphic Designer
calmestghost.com