[theme-reviewers] Internationalization of Child Themes

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:26:16 UTC 2012

I would fully expect the Parent-Theme's translated text to work correctly
in my example (I have not tested it either), but as a "best practice" I
would think consistency in how text is translated (i.e.: all Child-Theme
text strings are translated under the Child-Theme's textdomain) is more the
key than minimizing the strings a translator has to address.

I would also expect it to be less maintenance (although likely very minimal
in impact) if the Child-Theme author used the Child-Theme's textdomain
exclusively.

Cais.