[theme-reviewers] GPL

Emil Uzelac emil at themeid.com
Mon Aug 13 06:28:50 UTC 2012

Just for the record:

   - Themes are required
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Licensing>to be 100%
GPL-licensed, or use a GPL-compatible license. This includes all
   PHP, HTML, CSS, images, fonts, icons, and everything else. All of the theme
   must be GPL-Compatible.

GPLv3<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses>is
100% GPL-Compatible. It is not our decision to "force" or even
recommend, heck I would not even note the ticket suggesting authors what
version of GPL they should be using. GPLv2 and GPLv3 are 100% acceptable
licenses.

Now for one license not being compatible with another is a different story.

*P.S. This is never-ending discussion and there's no way that all of us
here will agree on the same license, we're given the choice and right to
use either of them.*

Thanks,
Emil