[theme-reviewers] Approved Theme not gone live?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Aug 9 21:22:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Bryan Hadaway <bhadaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm new so I cannot say for certainty, can someone please confirm what I'm
> saying?
>
> I believe the process is:
>
> 1. Review process, until the theme is...
> 2. Approved (does not mean instantly live)
> 3. Then there is a final waiting step until the theme is actually "pushed"
> live
>
> The reason it waits to be pushed live is because we want a whole batch of
> approved themes to push out at the same time instead of just one by one.

Actually, the reason we push it live manually is because there's not
an easy automated way for the system to check the status in trac.
Also, it's good to have an admin's eyes on the queue as well, to spot
anything weird going on.

There's several admins, and they all have the ability to sync the
queue. I do it once every so often myself.