[theme-reviewers] Proposal for a new guideline and plugin function

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Apr 24 14:16:20 UTC 2012

More than likely, everyone subscribed to this list is not only familiar
with, but uses, either/or/both of YSlow and PageSpeed (along with several
other, similar tools). :)

The problem with basing a guideline around such results is - again - the
results are heavily dependent upon installation environment. A Theme
installed in your environment won't score the same as a Theme installed in
my environment. A Theme on a site running your content won't score the same
as a Theme on my site, running the Theme Unit Test data.

While I see benefit in using such information in an advisory capacity, I
think that using it as an acceptance criterion is probably a bridge too far.

Chip