[theme-reviewers] Request for credit links exception

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:17:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Ian Stewart <ian at iandanielstewart.com>wrote:

> for SEO, spam. or any other nefarious reasons.

Granted the guideline is primarily in place to address these concerns, but
the essential guideline still holds to the general rule of thumb of one
"credit" link ... in this case (and I'm replying here as a generality), the
intent to give credit where credit is due for the acknowledged contributing
authors would be better served from an Administration Panel, such as an
Appearance sub-menu item perhaps?. Personally, I do not see putting credits
links to this effect in "public-facing" locations as adding to the "theme
experience".