[theme-reviewers] Child theme language files

c.bavota c at bavotasan.com
Tue Sep 20 17:59:44 UTC 2011

Hey all,

This might not be the best place for this but I have searched through the codex and the forum, posted a discussion and received no response. I am creating a child theme which has some text strings that are translatable. I am not to sure on how to add my new .po file. Do I need to merge it with the parent theme's .po file? Do I need to use load_child_theme_textdomain()? Any help would be great since there doesn't seem to be any info on how to do this correctly (or maybe my searching skills need some improvement).

Thanks.

c.bavota
Web Programmer
c at bavotasan.com
http://bavotasan.com
http://themes.bavotasan.com

Become an Affiliate and earn 40% commission on sale referrals
http://themes.bavotasan.com/affiliates