[theme-reviewers] Question on Custom Headers

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 00:35:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:

> But since you're not actually implementing a *custom image header*, you
> should NOT use the "custom-header" tag. That tag is reserved for *custom
> image headers*.

I do not agree with this statement regarding the use of the custom-header
tag. Unless I missed it, there is no definition dictating which tag can
specifically be used based on an existing function within the theme's code.

If we are going to start applying guidelines as such then they will need to
be written and implemented in the same fashion other guidelines have been
introduced into the WPTRT processes. If we want to reserve a tag for "custom
image headers" then a new tag should be introduced to be specifically
applied based on a 'function_exists' condition.

Cais.