[theme-reviewers] searchform.php, why?

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Mon Sep 5 13:14:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 13:17, Daniel Fenn <danielx386 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Thankyou for the link. Am I correct that there is no callback function like
> there is in wp_nav_menu or like a walker that one can use in wp_nav_menu?
>
> Also is there any such thing as "if search_form(); called from header.php
> display this, elseif if called from sidebar.php display this else display
> this" type thing?

There isn't really, but I don't think you need to do that.

Your search form will be rendered in a header div or in a sidebar div as
appropriate, you can style it accordingly. However this seems to be straying
off the topic of theme-reviews, perhaps ask on wp-hackers, or the WordPress
support forum

Mike
--
Mike Little