[theme-reviewers] Theme Updates Logic

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 22:15:57 UTC 2011

You can also make the Child-Theme version extremely high ... add 1000 or
something similar to the base version, such as version 1.0 would be 1001.0;
I have seen very few cases were this method does not work to protect the
Child-Theme.

Also, I see it as the responsibility of the Child-Theme author to insure
there are not conflicts with repository hosted themes. Although Shelter and
Multi are live in Extend, before I named them I checked to make sure their
names were not currently in use elsewhere. This is not to mention the
discussion that was had some time ago about naming conventions for
Child-Themes that included the Parent-Theme name, part of the reason being
for examples such as this ... not that I really supported the argument but
it does hold up well.

Cais.