[theme-reviewers] Theme Updates Logic

Emil Uzelac emil at themeid.com
Sun Oct 30 21:16:38 UTC 2011

Hey Guys,

Is there a way of re-adjusting Theme updates features to check for more
than just Theme names? And this is what I mean.
http://cl.ly/022X2A1L2t2U2S371k00 I created a Child Theme for a client and
called it "Simply", now since there is a Theme with the same name in
repository and the version is higher than 1.0 the update comes up. Yes,
simple prefix will do the trick, but many others out there will not know
that and you know that once they click the "Update Themes" the original
will be wiped out. I strongly believe that we should find some kind of
logic to protect same name Themes and look outside of the "box" as well.
Maybe to match author's name as well?

What do you think?

P.S. Also (not really for Theme Reviewers, but...):
Themes

The following themes have new versions available. Check the ones you want
to update and then click “Update Themes”.

(*Please Note:* Any customizations you have made to theme files will be
lost. Please consider using child
themes<http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes> for
modifications.)

That note is bit misleading as well, because this is indeed a Child Theme.
Emil

*----*
*Emil Uzelac* | ThemeID | T: 224-444-0006 | Twitter: @EmilUzelac | E:
emil at themeid.com | http://themeid.com
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein