[theme-reviewers] Submitting a One-Page Placeholder Theme

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 17:49:54 UTC 2011

It seems we are closing in on a potentially easy flag method ... much like
setting custom template name in the page template header block, could we be
looking at adding something to `front-page.php` that can be parsed and then
recognize the theme as a niche-Theme? This can be done solely in the upload
check / Theme-Check to start and further implemented into the WordPress
Administration Panels / WordPress.org as it gains momentum.

It's just another idea to add to the list, but follows from Chip's point:
"... because what differentiates a "business" Theme from a "personal" or
"blogging" Theme is not the presence or absence of blog-post functionality
support, but rather the *front-end design* of the Theme."

Cais.