[theme-reviewers] Discussion about make sample data for WordPress theme

Mario Peshev mario at peshev.net
Wed Oct 19 13:39:07 UTC 2011

We have a similar problem and basically we have modified both the exporter
and the importer so that all the images we use fall into 2 categories -
small and large (and get replaced later). The importer usually works as
expected, but we have modified automatic attachment of menus, slides and
several other aspects that are not done by default.

The WordPress core itself has troubles with exporting of some custom post
types and the demo content out there (not to mention static links/images)
and the importer and exporter need some modification.

All the best,

Mario Peshev
Training and Consulting Services @ DevriX
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mpeshev