[theme-reviewers] Flash objects in themes

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Oct 15 16:57:08 UTC 2011

The overall Theme copyright/license is covered by style.css License: and
License URI: header tags, but other bundled resources need to be listed
eplicitly. I would recommend that license declaration be required to be in
at least one of the following files:

1) index.php phpDoc header docblock
2) style.css header docblock
3) readme.txt

Best practice would be:

1) ALL php files have phpDoc header docblocks, that include @copyright and
@license. Derivative works should declare the copyright and license of the
original work, as well
2) ALL php file header docblocks include @package: theme-slug
3) All php function declarations should have phpDoc docblocks, and if the
function is copy-pasta, it should include @copyright and @license from the
original source, as well as an @link TO the original source, wherever
possible

I've tried to implement these best-practices in Oenology, so if anyone has
any suggestions for improvement, please let me know, so I can update
Oenology's inline docs.

Chip