[theme-reviewers] theme_update_available

Tom Matteson perspectivevision at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 10:44:39 UTC 2011

Otto ...

Thx for pointing that out. Now that you mention it, that is what I recall
having read. In fact, I think it was probably a post of yours I had read.
Clearly, it makes more sense that each install will call home; rather than
WP calling out to millions of installs. That, of course, would not be
practical.

That being said, I am still trying to figure out why on my installs, the
theme_update_available function seems to be getting bypassed or timing out
only for my theme. At least it was reassuring to hear, per Dion, the update
message appears to be displaying for this theme on other installs. I have
addressed a couple other issues that were brought to my attention in this
thread. However, I am not sure if any of those changes will have any impact
the the function and the display of the update message. However, it has been
less than 12 hours since I made these changes.

Thx to everyone that has responded.

*Best Regards
Tom Matteson*