[theme-reviewers] theme_update_available

Tom Matteson perspectivevision at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 01:14:10 UTC 2011

Greetings ...

I have a theme on the Repository that has been updated a half-dozen times or
so. My understanding is that WordPress.org runs a cron job twice a day that
checks all the self installed WordPress installations to query which themes,
plugins etc are installed. From what I have read the theme_update_available
function in theme.php is supposed to display '*There is a new version of %1
$s <../../_variables/s.html> available'* *with an update url*, whenever
there is a new version of the theme, if it detects a there is a newer
version of any of the installed themes that reside in the Repository. Unless
I am misunderstanding something, this is the default behavior, unless the
theme has added some code to bypass the this function.

I have not added any functions to bypass the theme_update_available().
However, even though I see the update message displayed for other themes, I
have never seen it displayed for my theme, Wordsmith-Anvil. Does anyone know
what would cause this function not to work for my theme?

*Best Regards
Tom Matteson*