[theme-reviewers] What are your thoughts on "blank" themes?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Nov 29 19:24:14 UTC 2011

I wonder if "blank" Themes shouldn't be considered as another valid
"special use" case?

On one hand, they are quite useful to developers, and having a good
starting basis on which to design/develop Themes is certainly
beneficial. On the other hand, they are minimally useful (as-is) to end
users, and from the end-user perspective, one is the same as another.

So, it would be great to have a way to provide such Themes for developers,
but keep them somewhat/mostly hidden from end users. A "special use" case
(or "niche") Theme designation might be a good approach...

Chip

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Angelo Bertolli <angelo.bertolli at gmail.com