[theme-reviewers] Some questions about theme translation

Rick Anderson rick at byobwebsite.com
Wed Nov 16 14:46:56 UTC 2011

I'm interested in this as well.  I recently reviewed a theme that had some
missing text domains, some were using twentyten and others were using
twentyeleven.  I read the section where themes are "required" to provide
their theme slug as the text domain.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Justice <justice360 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I reused some WordPress core code for AJAX support in my theme so there
> are some missing text domains when outputing traslatable strings. One
> reviewer told me that it is required to provide translation in my own
> language pack for all translatable strings appear in my theme. Actually I
> left that blank by intention because I'd like to use the same wording as
> the core language packs of WordPress, eg. Name, Email, Error: please type a
> comment, etc.
> Can anybody tell me why themes can't share the core language pack?
>
> Thanks for hard working!

*Rick Anderson*
*WordPress Trainer/Web Developer*
www.byobwebsite.com