[theme-reviewers] external style sheets

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Nov 15 21:30:02 UTC 2011

I think we need to be very judicious about linking external resources. Just
one reason why:
http://wpmu.org/beware-fake-jquery-calls-in-wordpress-plugins-from-the-repo

That's an extreme case, but elucidates an important principle: external =
completely uncontrolled.

APIs such as Google Fonts are one thing, and have a higher degree of
likelihood of being secure; but otherwise, I would tend to lean toward
requiring that resources be bundled *with* the Theme.

If you want to use the style definitions in an external stylesheet, I can't
think of any good reason not to bundle that stylesheet with the Theme.

Chip