[theme-reviewers] Proposed WordPress 3.3 Theme Review Guidelines Revisions

Tyler Cunningham seizedpropaganda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:02:59 UTC 2011

I have a question regarding one of the items on the list:

Internationalization:
Themes are REQUIRED to use a string, rather than a variable, constant, or concatenation, as the textdomain in translation functions.

Why should this be required? By using a variable someone can very easily change the text domain as needed wether it be for a child or derivative theme. I really don't see the reasoning behind this one, so could someone please enlighten me?

Regards,

Tyler Cunningham  |  Founder, COO - CyberChimps LLC (http://CyberChimps.com/)

@tylerbcunning (http://twitter.com/tylerbcunning)
http://gplus.to/tylercunningham