[theme-reviewers] Question about footer credit function

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:29:23 UTC 2011

Given that the obscured code is not a posing any concerns I would be
tempted to let it through, but that just leads to potential unscrupulous
updates; not that I would expect them but part of the reasoning behind not
allowing base64 encoded items is to keep the theme code "human-readable" as
the repository should be used as a learning tool besides it's more commonly
associated distribution service functionality.

I would be interested in what compelled the author to choose to encode this
link, even as a "Mallory-Everest" idea it does not fit with the "spirit of
the repository".

Cais.