[theme-reviewers] A Question About Theme Review/Submission

Ryan Frankel ryan.frankel at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:35:00 UTC 2011

Hi all,
  I am trying to submit a ticket task/management theme to the WordPress repo and I have a few questions regarding the 'Required' elements.

Since this system runs on custom post types and taxonomies these items are not needed and seem to be superfluous to the functionality of this theme...

1. Displaying Tags
2. Sidebars
3. Post Class CSS

Now, the automated system checks for these and it seems silly to just add these things when they are not within the scope of the theme.  You can go to http://swampbugs.com to see what the theme looks like as there is a demo on there.  My questions is....with the changes to WordPress in 3.1+ do these 'Requirements' still apply?  Is there a way to submit with some known 'Requirement' excemptions?

All the best and thank you,
Ryan