[theme-reviewers] Bundling Plugins

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon May 2 15:47:17 UTC 2011

Themes intended for general, public distribution shouldn't be *implementing*
Custom Post Types, IMHO. Custom Post Types create content, and content
should maintain portability among Themes, and there is simply no good way to
ensure that Theme-to-Theme naming of CPTs will be consistent.

I like the idea of support for "Supported Plugins", and any functional
implementation that could be built around it. That's probably a very
long-term goal, though.

Chip