[theme-reviewers] Bundling Plugins

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon May 2 13:56:28 UTC 2011

I would suggest that bundled Plugins should keep their original function
names, in order to perform proper function_exists/conflict-checking. Plugin
*code* that is *incorporated* should adopt the Theme's function-naming
convention.

(The same should hold true for textdomain. A bundled, translation-ready
Plugin should already be declaring its own namespace, and should have
appropriate language files included. Incorporated code, on the other hand,
wouldn't - and so should have its translation also incorporated into the
Theme.)

Also, in both cases, the bundling/incorporation must be noted, with proper
copyright notice retained for the original code.

Beyond those points: establishing some "best practices" would be a good
idea.

Chip