[theme-reviewers] Please assign me a theme to review

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Mar 29 15:11:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Daniel Tara <contact at onedesigns.com> wrote:
> I think this comes from a misunderstanding of the theme's intention:
>
> The way I understood it, is that the theme wants to display the first 3
> posts on the front page and then normal post listing in the other. In this
> case using front-page.php would be better, because the post consistency
> could be preserved without using offsets and potentially breaking
> pagination.
>
> If I misunderstood it, and the theme alters the main post listing period,
> then my mistake.

If they used front-page.php instead of home.php, and it had that
query_posts() call in it, and then somebody tried to assign a static
front page, then they would be unable to see the static page they
selected for the front page. That seems to me like it would most
definitely *not* be their intended outcome.

In fact, if they used front-page.php and broke the static front page
selection like that, then that would be a very good reason to fail the
theme.