[theme-reviewers] Please assign me a theme to review

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Mar 29 15:04:47 UTC 2011

In specific reply to the comments on the ticket:

> "However, when the front page is set to a static page, the static page is shown in the front page and the home.php template is used for the latest posts page."

Yes, that is indeed how it works. That is intentional. That is by design.

So if somebody uses home.php, then it should be assumed that that is
indeed what they meant to do. Most people don't want the front page to
look the same when a static page is selected, because static pages can
have custom templates available to them. The home.php shows blog
posts, not static pages.