[theme-reviewers] More Review Questions

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:50:38 UTC 2011

Mike -

A few more answers (*grin*) ...

ALmost any Theme Unit Test fail would generally indicate that the Theme has
other issues to be addressed; and, even it is only on major item of the
Theme Unit Test most are easily addressed and can be corrected quickly by
the Theme author. Sometimes suggestions on how to fix the more obvious
issues are also useful and welcomed by the author(s) as well.

There should be, at a minimum, a direct link to the post from the index.php
template. Essentially there should always be a way to reach the single.php
template (if it exists) display of the post no matter the template file
being used.

I don't recall discussing the requirement of a title on archive pages ... I
would consider it good UX but at this time not a requirement; at least not
without a very strong case why a title would need to exist for an archive
page.

Internationalization of a Theme should be managed entirely within the Theme
itself. It is part of the reason a unique textdomain (related to the theme)
is required when implementing i18n. Proper implementation of i18n should
also be addressed but if it is the only issue with a Theme then I would look
at it more as a recommendation to be addressed with the next version
submitted.

Cais.