[theme-reviewers] wp_link_pages()

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Fri Mar 25 12:53:54 UTC 2011

on 25/03/2011 00:26 Chip Bennett said the following:
> If the_content() is being output, wouldn't *both* a "read more" link *and*
> the Page Links being output require the post author putting both a more tag
> and a nextpage tag in the Post?
>
> If so, I agree it would be redundant, but also, technically, as intended -
> silly as that may be. :)

The only time I can see this being a user-issue is when the user
*hasn't* added a more tag. Then I'd imagine that they would expect to
see any nextpage links as well. But if they use a more tag, wouldn't it
also be reasonable to assume that they only want to show a teaser and
nothing else?

I think what we really need is a bulletproof way of testing for the
presence of a more tag so we can make a judgement call based on
reasonable expectations.

Yes? No?

Mel
--